Friday, January 25, 2008

But it is only my personal opinion

Nearly a year ago I wrote on this blog about the Irish times which was fined £25,000 for publishing a bad restuarant review

Well the paper is to appeal agianst the ruling and for Giles Coren writing in today's Times it is not a day too soon who following the ruling


Suddenly, now I was having weekly conversations with the Times lawyers that went something like this: “You claim in your article that the tiramisu tastes of vole's vomit/ mouse poo/ the contents of a country vet's turn-ups at the end of a long hot day artificially inseminating pigs...”


but now must say

'In my personal opinion, based on previous eatings of tiramisu on diverse premises on independently verifiable occasions, I have formed the subjective notion that this tiramisu tasted “unusual”. But that's only me. And other people may find otherwise. After all, de gustibus nil disputandum, and all that'.”

No comments: