Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sour grapes over the Scotsman's web figures perhaps?


A little snippet courtesy of Roy Greenslade who notes some sour grapes? from the former Editor of the Scotsman's website who notes that sinec Johnson Press revamped the site hits have fallen dramatically.

I also knew that traffic would tank. I warned Tim Bowlder, the JP chief executive, of this face to face saying the JP redesign would lose “millions of page views and hundreds of thousands of users”. My warning was ignored and a JP apparatchik later explained that I had not understood how good their plans were.
Well, we can finally see how good their plans were. Audited traffic figures for scotsman.com have finally escaped into the light of day. According to ABCe, the site I edited for seven years now gets about 2 million unique users a month.
That’s about half of the traffic it received in 2007. That’s the lowest audited traffic scotsman.com has had since January 2004.

No comments: