Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Benn has a twittering imposter

So it turns out that the Twitter Tony Benn is an imposter.

Jemima Kiss reveals the truth

Labour MP Tom Watson has cruelly exposed @tonybenn as a fake.

"I bought him a cup of tea today because he came in for the Queen's speech," explained Watson, the UK's first blogging MP, who had taken the opportunity to congratulate Great Britain's most prolific political diarist on joining Twitter.

"Mr Benn I must say I think it is fabulous that you've set up a Twitter feed."

"But my dear boy - what on earth is a Twitter feed?"

At this point, we imagine the room falling silent as the true horror of the imposition becomes clear.

"Someone is impersonating you on Twitter," said Watson.

"Well, I'll have to get my people onto him..."

No comments: